When I first moved here, I noticed a lot of Subarus, NYT dog poop bags, market goers.... Now - well, that's just Madison.
However, as I mentioned about Madison a few years ago, there are a lot of things that go on in here (and within the Generation Y culture) that others "just don't get:"
1) Hating Walmart
2) Staying in boutique hotels
3) Shopping locally
4) Photographing food and uploading it onto your blog/facebook/tweeting about it
5) Anti Child producing (aka having kids)
6) Having a blog
7) Discussing and digesting the restaurant scene
8) Reading the "NYT" and consistently uploading it onto your blog/facebook/twitter account
9) Moving to New York or Chicago (evidently, those are the only two cities in the entire United States of America that are "cool")
10) Watching "Mad Men" or "Dexter"
11) Making a dinner from scratch
12) Sharing a CSA
13) Biking to work
And I just described myself minus #4, #9, #10, #12 and #13... (Ok, so I am half way there)....