Friday, January 2, 2009

What I did in 2008

Happy New Year. To me, it's just another day. I am sure you all agree. In my opinion, resolutions are useless. I feel they can be started at any time of the year, not specifically on the first of the year. However, I would like to document my accomplishments from 2008, because sometimes I feel like I am a waste of space.

So, here goes. First, I am proud of my blog, which has been featured on Brazencareerist.com, and has grown into a real hobby for me. I can see that you people enjoy reading it, and I know, as many of you have shared with me, that you don't always agree with "Janie Theories..."

My running has improved. I was never trying to go for speed, but I can now run under eight minute miles. I completed a five mile race in forty minutes. I am in my third consecutive year of running about 25-30 miles a week.

My real estate business grew. Regardless of the economy, my business in Cleveland improved, landing me in the top twenty-three percent in sales out of my office at the closing of the year, even though I left town half way through the year.

I made the big move to Madison. I got a refreshing start, 500 miles away from what was "home." I have really explored the city. Made wonderful friends. I am closer with my Madison family than ever before. Thank You, everyone. We have all made some memories together.

I completed my second year of tutoring in the Cleveland City Schools, recruiting several other adults to volunteer. This is something I need to do in Madison. More to come...

I was able to volunteer and help elect our new president! Very exciting.

There are a lot of things I am working on, internally. But these are not resolutions. Let us all have a happy 2009. And if you don't do anything else, please exercise and support your local stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment